As our travelers continue to prioritize their own personal safety below that of helping to care for their patients, Emerald is here to support them. We are dedicated to ensuring their safety, health and well-being, and we are committed to updating our clinicians with the most up to date and accurate information and resources. We thank all of our healthcare heroes on the frontlines, your bravery and sacrifice are incredibly valued, and Emerald is here for you every step of the way.
A message from our President, Jake Dixon:
PPE Reimbursements: Emerald is committed to keeping our travelers safe and supported at all times on assignment. Travelers are eligible for $50 worth of PPE reimbursements if they feel they need more during their assignment.
Paid Quarantine: Regardless of whether a traveler tests positive for COVID-19 or not, if they are ordered to quarantine, Emerald will pay the traveler up to 80 hours of quarantine pay in California or up to 2 weeks of contracted hours in other states. They could be quarantined for exposure, COVID-19 like symptoms, waiting on a COVID-19 test result, or other.
Vaccine Support & Reimbursements: The Emerald team is dedicated to providing our travelers with the most up to date and accurate vaccination accessibility information. Depending on a traveler’s location or facility, we’ll provide you with available vaccine access information, hospital protocols and reimbursement for a vaccine expense.
High Paying COVID -19 Assignments: With the increase in COVID-19 needs, our job opportunities present record high pay packages at top-notch facilities nationwide. We’ll fight for the best paying rate for our travelers on the frontlines. Search our COVID-19 Jobs
License Requirements & Guidance: Emerald’s dedicated Licensing Team provides our travelers with all of the licensing requirements and regulations for COVID-19 in all 50 states. Reference our State Emergency License List.
Support & Accessibility: Our number one goal is to ensure the health of every employee that is out in the field during this time. We will help you navigate through any health or facility concerns you may have and get you through to the other side. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your recruiter or [email protected] with any questions.
If you believe you have been exposed and/or have symptoms of COVID-19 during your Assignment, please follow the following process:
- Alert the person you report to at the facility and ask what their current COVID protocol is.
- If you have any documents related to work exposure, test results or Doctor’s note, please retain this and submit upon request.
- If you are experiencing COVID like symptoms – Please ask the facility if they can test you. If the facility is unable to test you, please locate the nearest County Health department or state-run test center and get a COVID19 test.
- An Emerald HR Team member will contact you to discuss your symptoms / exposure.
- Follow all directives given to you by your facility and Emerald.
- If you are asked to get medically cleared prior to returning to work, your best option will usually be the Employee Health Department at the facility you are working at. If they are unable to help you, you can visit your primary care physician or reach out to Emerald to be set up for a clinic visit.
- If you are advised to Quarantine, Emerald pays a maximum of 2 weeks quarantine pay for contracted hours subject to approval. Please submit timecard indicating Quarantine/COVID for your missed shift/s.