More than ever before, companies are offering discounts and freebies to nurses and healthcare workers due to the COVID-19 pandemic (so even if you’re not a nurse, listen up!). Beyond that, 2020 has officially been dubbed “Year of the Nurse” by the World Health Organization (WHO), and that announcement has only increased the focus on this year’s annual National Nurses Week celebration that began this Wednesday, May 6.
Here’s a list of some companies offering freebies, deals and discounts to travel nurses during #NursesWeek2020 you can take advantage of as the world celebrates your significant contribution to healthcare. Bring your badge! (*stands on balcony and claps*)
- Free nursing ebooks for Kindle: Amazon is offering a selection of free Kindle books for nurses.
- Nurse Mystery Box: NurseDeals.com is giving away 20 ‘Nurse Mystery Boxes’, which includes $149 worth of nursing gear.
- Free Crocs: Crocs is donating free pairs of Crocs to healthcare workers.
- Stethoscope discount: Get $20 off an EKO Core Digital Stethoscope with the promo code NERDYNURSE
- Adidas discount: Nurses and other healthcare workers can get a 40% discount on adidas.com.
- Free candy: Coupons for free Snickers bars are available for essential workers to use at Walmart. To send a coupon to another nurse or healthcare worker, visit sendasnickersfromhome.com
- The North Face discount: From April 14 to Dec. 31, The North Face is offering a 50% discount to healthcare workers in the U.S.
- Nike discount: Healthcare workers and first responders in the U.S. can get a 20% off discount through Nike’s website orders.
- Skechers discount: Nurses get 30% off shoes along with free shipping and free returns through the end of May.
- HSN discount: Nurses can get $10 off $20 purchase when with their first HSN order.
- Lovesac discount: Through May, Lovesac is promoting a 40% discount to nurses and other healthcare workers.
Food & Drink
- Free Cinnabon: Varying by location, Cinnabon typically offers free cinnamon rolls for nurses during National Nurses Week.
- Free Starbucks: Nurses and other healthcare workers on the frontlines of COVID-19 can get a free tall brewed coffee (hot or iced), from Starbucks until May 31.
- Free Krispy Kreme donuts: Every Monday until National Nurses Week, Krispy Kreme is offering free dozens of donuts to nurses and other workers in healthcare. Just show your badge at the drive-thru.
- Discounted Mrs. Fields cookies: Mrs. Fields is offering 40% off its Heroes Collections cookie tins ith the promo code HERO. Tins can even be delivered to a medical facility!
- Outback discount: A 10% off discount and free delivery is available to nurses and healthcare workers.
- Free coffee from Sheetz: Nurses and first responders can get a free coffee with Sheetz’s new offer through June 1.
- Free McDonald’s meal: Healthcare workers can get free Thank You Meals from McDonald’s through May 5.
- Hooters discount: A 20% off discount on all food takeaway orders is available every day for healthcare workers with a valid ID badge.
- Free coffee at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: The coffee chain is treating all healthcare workers to a free brewed coffee of any size or any tea. Eligible clients can also have $1 off any specialty beverages.
- Free Dunkin’: Healthcare workers and nurses can get a free medium coffee and a donut on May 6.
- Free burrito from Chipotle: Health care workers can get a free burrito starting on May 6.
- Free coffee from Corner Bakery Cafe: May 4 – 8, Corner Bakery participating locations are offering a free coffee for nurses and healthcare workers who present their badge.
- Dog Haus donation: On May 6, $1 from every Haus Dog sold directly will be donated to The American Nurses Foundation.
- Discounted Jet’s Pizza: On National Nurses Day (May 6), nurses and healthcare workers can get 30% off menu pizzas with code BADGE – bring your ID badge upon pick-up.
- Pieology Pizza prizes: Pieology will pick 15 “Everyday Heroes” who will win a 4-6 person Pieology Care Pack, plus $250. To nominate someone, submit a story about them on social media, tagging @pieology and #everydayhero from May 4 to 16.
- Free coffee/tea from Circle K: Free coffee and tea is available to nurses and healthcare workers – just show your badge.
- Waterloo Sparkling Water giveaway: Waterloo Sparkling Water will be giving away 500 free case coupons to nurses and health care workers for Nurses Week on their Instagram and Facebook pages – your friends and family can also nominate you!
- Free therapy: TalkSpace is offering a free month of online therapy to nurses and other healthcare workers.
- Free tax filing with H&R Block: Nurses can file both federal and state tax returns for free using H&R Block’s Tax Pro Go in the month of May.